Sunday, June 5, 2011

7 weeks.


Yesterday Olivia turned 7 weeks, and this passed week was quite a busy one.  Thank God my mom came on Tuesday to help us out (first I have to say, it was amazing to see them meet for the first time, I can't describe the excitement my mom had when she saw her finally in the airport, ever since she arrived all that matters to her is Olivia). We also went to our first party (which was great!), we went to dinner at my in law's TWICE and went out to celebrate Jonas' PhD as well (I am so so proud of him!).  So, it was great to do all those things but today I just needed to be home and tend to Olivia's every need.

I love that I can have some time for myself, especially that I can have some time with Jonas and our friends.  Although it is very hard to leave the apartment and trust that Olivia will be OK, it is important for me to try to maintain a bit of my old life.  I know it will not be the same and I am happy with that, but sometimes, it's nice to get out of the bubble of motherhood and get dressed, put on some lipstick and enjoy a night with your friends.

Maybe, this week was a bit too much though.  After four days with different activities, I felt like I needed to just be home and go back to a structure and just stay quiet, nurse and tend to Olivia.  So, I think from now on I will limit the social outings to those that I can handle.



Anyways, what's new?  
  • Olivia now LOVE's to have a bath! Loves it, loves it, loves it!
  • She met her great grandmother.  
  • She also loves all the attentions she is getting from all the family members. 
  • My public breastfeeding is getting better and I am slowly adapting to it (not loving it at all though).
  • I'm reading "The Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg hoping I can set a routine that will work for us.  According to the categorization of the different types of babies in the book, Olivia is a "textbook" baby... we'll see.  I will write about it later on.
  • Life is good! I think I am starting the get a hang of this motherhood thing.  It sure helps a lot to have my mother around.
  • I missed wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment