Thursday, February 17, 2011

Do it yourself

Since I moved to Norway and noticed how expensive things are I have been learning to do things myself.  If my husband, almost Dr. Jonas, the economist, would hear me, he would probably laugh and say that I choose materials that are expensive anyway and end up using more time and energy making things that would probably be cheaper if I bought them... and he is probably right, but there is something special about taking the time and making things for your home and people you love.  I love knitting! Jonas and my mother in law taught me how to do it and now I am doing it all the time!  I got a sewing machine for Christmas from our uncle two years ago, and I love playing around with it, and I have become a big fan of the online tutorials for anything that I can find, so any stitch or technique that I don't know how to make, I go to my trusted youtube.com and search for it, if it is not there, it will be somewhere.  So here is a small display of a few things that I have done recently and some projects I have ahead.


Baby Kimonos 1,2 & 3


 These were all found at a Ravelry, the last one is for a good friend's baby
the other ones are all for our own baby :) 

Now, I have plans to make the baby's room curtains, and some duvet covers, maybe curtains for our bedroom too and what ever else I can think of.  But, it feels like I am on a DIY frenzy... maybe is the feeling that the baby is coming soon and my time will no longer belong to me, so I have to make make make...  Here's a good tutorial that I found at Design Sponge to make curtains that seems easy enough for me.

From the Sewing 101 section.  
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment